Indigenous Protection Area (IPA) Dedication Ceremony
Saturday, 20th March 2021, Warranypana (Lake Cowan Lookout) – 11.30am to 4pm
Some facts about Ngadju Indigenous Protected Area:
- Located in the region around Norseman in Western Australia north of Esperance.
- Australia’s only Global Biodiversity Hot Spot, the Southwest Australia Ecoregion
- An internationally recognised Endemic Bird Area (BirdLife International)
- An Internationally recognised Centre for Plant Diversity (IUCN)
In addition, Ngadju IPA specifically protects:
- One quarter (c.4 million ha.) of the Great Western Woodlands.
- Approximately 25% the world’s largest intact Mediterranean ecosystem, the best example of the planet’s most threatened biome.
- A vast expanse of one of the most diverse habitats on Earth, hosting around one fifth of Australia’s known plant species and around 75% of our nation’s remaining woodlands.
Thursday, 18th March 2021, Hammond Park Kalgoorlie – 4.30pm to 6pm