Please see links:
There’s a fair bit there for assistance for small business. Hope this helps, just providing after a discussion this morning, my group in NIAA is doing analytics on the various initiatives across Commonwealth government agencies and its partners, that are available for Indigenous Business and Communities, and this came up as one of the highlights. Thought I should share to my networks.
-Les O’neill (For anyone who would like to contact him, please ring the office and we will pass the message onto him).
EXTRA IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON COVID-19 – PLEASE CLICK ONTO THE LINKS BELOW
(THE LINKS ARE IN RED)
I firstly would like to introduce myself, I am Christiane Keller, a Senior Researcher at the Native Title Research Unit (NTRU) at the Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torrs Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS).
I work on the PBC Website, a resource for organisations, practitioners and individuals involved in native title.
Given the huge impact that the COVID 19 pandemic may have on your organisation and members the NTRU would like to stay in contact with you through the PBC network.
We want to share information and links to the many Government and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander agencies and organisations who are working to slow the spread of the virus. We hope that it might be useful for your organisation and all native title holders, their communities and families.
We have taken all efforts to provide you with links to official information on COVID-19 and to organisations that are producing information especially for and from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
We have assembled resources relevant to the native title sector with some comments on what you might find on the sites. These resources are listed below and also attached to this email.
Please let us know if you found this resource sharing helpful and feel free to share with others.
Stay healthy and safe.
Dr Christiane Keller
Native Title Research Unit
Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies
51 Lawson Crescent, Acton ACT 2601 | GPO Box 553 Canberra City ACT 2601
P 02 6261 4254 (currently working offsite)
M 0439 088 210
AIATSIS acknowledges the traditional owners of country throughout Australia and their continuing connection to land,
culture and community. We pay our respects to elders past and present.
Links and resources about the Coronavirus or COVID-19
Government Covid-19 websites
This website provides current status, symptoms, how to protect yourself and others, advice for people at risk and in the aged care sector, and government responses. The department developed a specific health related Management Plan for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Populations. There are also resources like FAQs, factsheets and posters.
This website provides information about relief packages for employees, families, business, advice for landlords and people renting, alerts, new regulations and new mobile applications to stay informed.
NIAA provides information such as announcements by the Minister for Indigenous Australians, news and resources. These include information for businesses and providers including for grant recipients and for individuals including on protecting of yourself and others, on the CDP scheme, and about health and support services.
Western Australian Government Pilbara
The WA Government has published the website recov19er with specific information for the Pilbara and greater region for traditional owner groups and communities. It contains news, links resources such as notes of weekly teleconferences between agencies and organisations to update on developments.
Lotterywest has announced a $159 million COVID-19 Relief Fund to respond to hardship.
ORIC provides information on temporary provisions to support corporations and their governance such as annual reporting, holding and passing resolutions, using technology for meetings and communication, and other useful information on employment issues, relief for financially distressed business.
Other Indigenous Agencies COVID-19 websites
This site provides health response plans, support services, Infection control information for healthcare workers, and COVID-19 training (requires free registration).
NACCHO provides updates, resources (Medicine and Pharmacy, Stop the spread, COVID-19 Advisory group communiques).
Information on COVID-19 in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages
- Department of Health messages in Pitjantjatjara, Western Arrernte, Warlpiri,
- Northern Territory Government messages in 17 Aboriginal languages
- ICTV NT government message in Yolngu Matha,
- Northern Land Council has a youtube channel with coronavirus message in 17 Indigenous languages Anmatyerr, Alyawarr, Andilyakwa, Burarra, Central Arrernte, Eastside Kriol, Kunwinjku, Maung, Murrinh Patha, Ngarinyman, Pitjanjatjara, Tiwi, Warlpiri, Warumungu, Western Arrarnta, Westside Kriol, Yolngu Matha, and other related content.
- NPY Women’s Council provided Facebook messages for desert communities by male and female speakers.
- KAMS recorded resources in Kimberley Kriol, AI WA has a Facebook message in Kriol.
- Kanyirninpa Jukurrpa (KJ) produced resources in Martu Wangka.
- AH & MRC video on Deadly hand washing by Tyson Demos.
- Western Australian Government provides posters: Stay Strong, Elders Protected Area, Family Protected Area, AHCWA COVID-19 Prevention,
- Australian Government Department of Health provides posters: Know the signs, Stop the spread
- Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council has many
- including posters, booklets and email signatures.