IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR MEMBERS – COVID-19, OFFICE CLOSURE, STAFF WORKING FROM HOME
- NNTAC cannot support strongly enough the advice given by the Government about prevention and social distance and encourages all members to exercise good hygiene practices by washing hands and cleaning surfaces with disinfectant and taking whatever preventative measures you feel may protect you from contracting the virus.
- Diluted bleach is a strong and effective cheap disinfectant if you don’t have other commercial preparations. It is highly effective against bacteria and viruses.
- The Government has now banned gatherings of more than 100 people for indoor activities and banned gatherings of more than 500 people for outdoor activities.
- It must be emphasised that this worldwide pandemic can only be beaten if people take personal responsibility for their ongoing health and comply with the ongoing instructions from the Government
- If you have the three key symptoms of Covid-19; that is if you have a fever, a cough and a sore throat you should seek medical advice and a test for the virus
- Remember the virus is spread through tiny airborne droplets or may be picked up by touching a surface that has the virus on it.
- The virus can live outside the body for several days or more so a very high level of caution around social distance (1-2 metres) and hygiene needs to be followed in order for you to reduce the possibility of contracting the virus
Staffing of NNTAC Office
In order to protect the health and well being of NNTAC and visitors to the office, please note the following:
- Until further notice, the NNTAC office will be closed effective from close of business 19 March 2020
- NNTAC staff will be working from home and will be contactable via email and telephone.
- The NNTAC phone will be diverted to appropriate staff during this time.
We appreciate that this may cause some inconvenience to members. NNTAC will do all it can to minimise any disruption and apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Advisory group Meetings
- The Special Administrators will be contacting the Advisory Committee members about upcoming meetings and how or whether or not they should be postponed or convened given the current circumstances.