6 volunteer training opportunities at the old Post Office in Norseman
The Ngadju Charitable Trust No.2 has purchased the old Post Office in Norseman, it will be leased to NNTAC to use as an office in Norseman. The Trust is renovating the property prior to hand over to the NNTAC.
Any Ngadju who are interested in learning a range of building and construction tasks please contact NNTAC on 08 9462 3500 to leave your name and contact number or email email@example.com by 22nd January 2021.
Start date is Tuesday 2nd February and the work experience will last for approximately 3 weeks.
As funding is not available to assist with travel and accommodation local Norseman residents may be best suited to this opportunity, but all interested members are encouraged to apply.
Practical introduction to construction
- 6 places available
- Start date is Tuesday 2nd February and the work experience will last for approximately 3 weeks
- Venue: Old Norseman Post Office
- Total training = 75 hours over a three week period
This training program is designed to be conducted on-site over a three-week period at the Old Norseman Post Office whilst construction repair & renovation works are being carried out.
The Old Post Office is now owned on behalf of Ngadju people and is to be used by the Ngadju Native Title Aboriginal Corporation as its Norseman office.
The training involves a practical training course and provides ongoing knowledge (“Practical Theory”) whilst working on various repairs and upgrades to the Building.
This training provides condensed quality learning, skills & experience while working on a live construction project.
See an outline of proposed day-to-day schedule including hours regarding construction training.
The project may not run to schedule because concreting may be postponed because of the weather conditions, or painting may be put forward or back depending upon preparation and progression of the work schedule.
Once the trainees have completed the training, they will possess the following competencies and qualifications.
- Construction induction card (White card) to be able to access construction sites in Australia
- OH&S in the construction industry (JHA’s & safe working practices in all practical tasks)
- Perceptive skills to be able to determine repairs required and accepted finishes in the following:
- Landscaping materials, correct use of tools. Setup of reticulation and knowledge of drainage.
- Formwork setout (geometric knowledge and practical setout ready for concrete)
- Concreting using materials and tools laying and finishing concrete to small areas
- Paving substrate leveling & laying of pavers
- Preparation of walls & ceilings using variety of materials
- Fixing of materials using variety of tools inc. hammers, bolsters, drills, screw & impact drivers
- Demolition techniques, together with OH&S knowledge regarding safe removal practices
- Construction of timber structures (Patio/Posts)
- Roof plumbing introduction to sheeting/sealing gutters and downpipes.
- Stonemasonry introduction and assist Stone Mason
- Patching of plaster ceilings and walls ready for painting
- Paint & Paint products/tool knowledge
- Painting & finishing techniques
Click the link below to view the course schedule in a new window.
Trainee Mining Operators | on the job training | FIFO from Perth only!
Our Koodaideri team are looking for Trainee Mining Operators | successful applicants will receive full on the job training!
- A minimum of 12 months operating experience on smaller mining or civil machinery
- Desire to be trained on large scale mining equipment
- Willingness to learn
- Commitment to safety and a passion for continuous improvement
- WA Manual Drivers Licence (valid)
- Fit for work
If you haven’t already applied, and are interested in the role above please click on the link below:
Remember you can follow us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/riotintoironoreindigenousemployment/
Thanks, and Kind Regards
Advisor – Indigenous Talent Management
I acknowledge the Traditional Owners of Country across Australia and their continuing connections to land, waters and community.
I pay my respects to Elders, past, present and future.
Expression of Interest
Ngadju Heritage Survey Workers
CASUAL HERITAGE SURVEY WORKERS POOL
Eligibility to Apply: Open to all Ngadju Native Title Aboriginal Corporation Members with suitable historical and cultural knowledge of Ngadju Native Title Land.
- Participants must be 18 years or older to qualify for Heritage Surveys.
- This work is casual and rotational, which means the same team may not be engaged for every survey and team members may change
- The work can be arduous and often crosses difficult terrain; therefore, you will be required to have a good level of physical fitness
To be considered for selection for survey work, you must complete the following employment forms:
- Casual Employment Contract
- Employee Checklist Form
- Personal details form (full name, including date of birth, address, bank account details, tax file number, next of kin and contact information
- Superannuation -nominated fund form
- Tax File Declaration Form
Partial completion of forms – All employment forms are mandatory and must be fully completed. If you need assistance with accessing electronic facilities to complete the forms or are unsure of the information required, please contact Ms Anna Taite, NNTAC Heritage Manager who will help you with this.
Introduction of Health & Safety Processes & Procedures
As a result of NNTAC now managing the provision of heritage services, a number of changes have been made to improve the operation of the service and the safety of staff and workers. Any questions regarding these processes should be directed to Ms Anna Taite, NNTAC Heritage Manager.
- Mandatory Drug Testing
The Corporation will arrange, at its own cost, mandatory alcohol and drug testing for survey workers prior to workers being engaged to undertake the Heritage Survey work.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Ngadju Survey Workers will be required to arrange their own PPE for use at every survey. PPE includes: Boots and high visibility shirts. These items will be purchased at the Survey Worker’s expense and will remain the property of the individual. However, the Corporation may assist with the initial purchase and deduct the costs from the participant’s Survey Payment
Job Related Enquiries: Enquires are encouraged and should be directed to Anna Taite, NNTAC Heritage Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The selection process may not necessarily include the conduct of interviews.
Please click the link above for the NNTAC Heritage Employee Details Form.
Please Click on the Link above for the NNTAC Employee Checklist Form.
Please Click On the Link above for the Tax File Declaration Form.
Please Click on the Link above for the Superannuation Form.
The Ngadju Native Title Aboriginal Corporation is committed to ensuring that Ngadju people are given the best possible opportunities to gain meaningful employment.
This is achieved within the corporation, further afield and integral with the many companies with whom we seek compensation agreements.
The Ngadju Benefits Management System (BMS) provides up to $750,000 annually to Ngadju people to assist them in this regard.
Are you looking to work within the Mining Industry? Read below to find out more information.
Llewellyn Lottering works for Trinity Mining and Supplies and is based in Esperance, they also have a contact in Perth.
He is keen to source Aboriginal people who are keen to work within the mining industry. Goldfields or Perth based. Trinity Group provide Labour Hire to various businesses across the mining industry.
His contact details are :
PHONE: 0406 557 212
Unit 1 / 30 Norseman Road Esperance 6450
Llew mentioned they also feed labour hire into the upcoming Metronet rail link contract in Perth.
If you know of any family or friends who are looking for work please have them register online.
Below is a screen grab of the types of roles they try to fill.
MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN JOB
NOVA operation – See below and Apple Now – Click onto the link below
Apply through the igo website at www.igo.com.au or through SEEK.
A little update from the Talent team!
We currently have a number of vacancies within our Exploration and Nova teams which are open to both internal and external applicants.
- Project Scheduler – Exploration
- Exploration Manager – Albany Fraser Orogen Project
- Mine Control Operator – Nova
- Process Technician – Nova
- Mechanical Technician – Nova
A list of these current vacancies is available by clicking on the link located at the bottom of our Intranet. For any internal people wishing to apply please also access this link to complete an internal application and upload your resume.
For those external to the business please view and apply to our vacancies on our IGO website.
If you have any questions or if you would like any further details please email email@example.com.
Bec, Anita & Maria